[FC] FC Front End attachment bolts torque

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 26 10:23:15 EDT 2006

Provided that the shop that has my front lower control arms didnt bend them while installing the bushings (I have a bad feeling on this, theyve been a little hard to reach this week) I hope to reinstall the front cross-member on my 64 Brier this coming weekend.   (I may be back here looking for some LCAs)

  Two questions I have - (I have still not been able to find my 61 shop manual and cannot get another one just now)

  1- When I took it off the truck 3 of the 4 bolts were installed upwards - The nuts and lock washers were on the top, above the frame rail.   The 4th was the opposite with the nut under the frame rail.   Which is correct?

  2- What is the torque on these supposed to be?  I got new bolt sets since I dont want it to depart the vehicle after I install it.

  I will be cleaning out a closet that may contain that darned manual tonight, but just in case......

  Everett Wilson
  North Richland Hills TX