[FC] Wanted Vent Shades

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 13 13:28:41 EST 2007

Vent Shades...   I recall someone responding as to just WHAT are you looking
for?  If you are talking about the little chrome shades which fit at the
tops of the side windows, I believe that I saw a response directing you to
one or another of the usual Corvair Vendors.

NOS door latches???  Still looking for the Ramp and Tailgate latches?  Can't
tell by that.  But, if so... they would essentially be unobtainable items.
Find some used ones, clean them up (or use what you probably already have),
make sure they are working properly (fix if need be), and have them
re-chromed.  That is about the best you can do on those.  BTW - in case you
don't know, there are 4 different latches involved.  Left and Right (or
forward and rearward) AND the ramp latches and tailgate latches are
different - tailgate latches have a longer "tongue".

There is not a lot of change in the membership on FC, so you have been
asking the same folks over and over again for these items.  If you've not
had the response you want by now, it is not likely to come from the FC
members at this point.  As I've previously suggested - you need to contact
someone like Phoenix Charlie (or others) for "rust free" parts.  Send a list
of your needs/wants.  They are most likely to be in a position to help you
fulfill your requests.

Finally, KINDLY strip off all the old emails before you hit SEND  -
especially - when you are responding from digest mode (as it appears that
you do).  This is only polite and (I believe) was stated in the FC "rules"
when you signed on.

Later, JR

CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)