[FC] F/C sloppy shifting

Ralph Loewinger rash44 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 23 14:14:08 EST 2007

Re: the posting about sloppy shift pattern on F/C manual trannies,  I had that problem and found four areas that were giving me grief.
The first was the clevis pin in the rear coupling. Badly worn with lots of play. I made a new one out of a bolt.
The second was the hinge point on the shifter stick.  I put in a tin shim on each side.
Third was the shifter shaft hangar near the front. I put a bunch of tin shims around the shaft and bent them out wards.
Last was the lower ball end of the shifter stick where it goes into the "pipe". It was worn to a point  and had mucho play.  I found a new stick and pipe,  not yet installed.  After each repair,  the shifting pattern was smaller and tighter.  I recommend these repairs. Ralph Loewinger

Ralph Loewinger
rash44 at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.