[FC] '62 Rampside Questions...again...

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Mon Feb 26 19:12:50 EST 2007

A good tight (or even loose) FC will ride really nicely. They kind of float
and the driver position over the front wheels is amazing! You can really see
what is happening on the road and ahead of you. FCs kind of float along.
They are bulky, but no bigger than a new minivan, and way cooler! Dad
described driving one to me as being like a Greyhound bus. He had a '61
Greenbrier in '63. He used it as I do for camping and hauling stuff. He had
trouble with it vapor locking and gave up on it. Too bad. He likes to drive
mine, now...

Enjoy the search. I checked out the pics on eBay. It looks like an OK truck,
but heed the advice of all the members who are kind enough to respond. The
FCs have specific rust areas that are hard to fix well. On the other hand,
they were built like tanks (read...like all cars in the 1960's, so much
better than today!) Any part is available from the vendors or other members.
It did take me two years to find my Rampside, but the right truck came along
for the right price. It has never seen salt and has been a true workaholic.
It is slumbering away in the garage right now waiting for the snow and salt
to go. Too bad it had a dead battery when I went out to idle it today.

Best wishes. Feel free to ship any particular concerns my way if you like. I
have been an FC daily driver since 1993.

Ben