[FC] Auto trans problem solved

Bruce Gwyther vairman at sisna.com
Wed Jan 17 00:05:24 EST 2007

Well, the problem is solved.  The tranny works just fine, now.  It was indirectly the
"E" clip after all.  Aparently it had been repaired sometime before and the two broken pieces were left in the valve body and had moved into the shift valve area. The pieces fell out when the valve body was AGAIN removed and disassembled.  Put it back together and, PRESTO!!, everything works great!!  Too bad we didn't see the problem the first time we took it apart.  One thing I'll say is, "It has been a great learning experience about automatics"
                                               Bruce Gwyther,   Bonneville Corvair Club
                                               '65 Corsa ragtop, '61 & '62 Rampsides
                                               '64 Corvan, '62 Corvan (camperized)
                                               '63 Greenbrier (stretch limmo)
                                               '65 Greenbriers (one 8-dr & two 6-drs)
                                               '51 John Deere "A"("johnny popper" ), fully restored