[FC] Seat belt installation - where to drill?

Dave Sanger dksanger at pentel.net
Tue Jul 24 08:39:24 EDT 2007

Steve,

I am going through the same work on my '63 Rampside.

I have the '63 Assembly Manual; believe I purchased from Clarks. It shows
mounting locations for front belts. The page is in Section A37, sheet 1.00.

My '63 has nuts already inn place for the inboard belts (like yours with the
pre-drilled holes. I found "dimples" at the location for the outboard anchor
bolts.

The Assembly sheet shows the outboard locations:

Left: 2.50" towards the center (from the stop bolt that keeps the seat back
in place) and  2.38" to the rear of the seat (again measured from the stop
bolt).

Right: 3.00" to the rear (of the seat back bolt) and 2.62" inward.

The most important fact: the measurements are from the rear of the seat (not
the floor mounted track); there is a "stop bolt" on the seat, where the back
rests against it -- measure from that point, not the track anchor bolt.

Watch the gas tank line on the left side when drilling.

I will send by separate file (it is big) a scanned copy of the Assembly
Manual page.

Hope this helps.

Dave Sanger
'63 Rampside