[FC] oem Oil Temp Sender ??? -- also <VV>

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sat Jun 30 10:41:35 EDT 2007

GM produced a series of Corvair engine blocks (crankcase halves)  in
the late 60's and early 70's know as "universal replacement
blocks".  Some of these blocks were stamped with engine serial
numbers and some lack the numbers.  If one of these blocks was
installed in a car or FC, the dealer was to stamp the correct serial
number on the block in the appropriate place although most did not.
Universal replacement blocks came with the 60 oil pressure tap in the
oil pan area plugged with a pipe plug, car dipstick boss was cast but
plugged, the hole for the FC dipstick was cast and plugged, and the
block was cast with the reliefs for the 2 and 15/16 stroke
crankshaft.  Thus, these blocks could be used on any year and model
Corvair.  These blocks were different from the TxxxxXXX , TxxxxXXA,
TxxxxXXO, and TxxxxXXZ  engines which were short blocks (they came
with the crankshaft and cam already installed).
Jim Davis