[FC] Brake light switch

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 21:14:30 EST 2007

Okay, a little while back I replaced my rear lights with LEDs. I didn't buy replacement LED bulbs, I built a couple of little LED circuit boards to fit in each side. Everything worked well for awhile, now, the lights come on dimly by themselves. If I depress the brake pedal they go out at first, then come on brightly. I have to let the pedal slam into the stop two or three times in order to get them to go out... I figure I need to replace my brake light switch. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up, if I still had the light bulbs the current draw probably wouldn't be enough to light the bulbs, but over time it could drain down the battery.

TiM

'61 Electric Rampside
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/656