[FC] 64' Greebrier in Stock Class

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Oct 12 23:33:53 EDT 2007

Eric,

The first thing you will need to be sure of is whether you are primarily
interested in a show vehicle or a driver. I'm not saying that vehicles that
compete in the concours can't be driven, but it becomes increasingly harder
to compete effectively if the vehicle is driven often, due to general wear
and tear, paint chips, etc. Engine compartments in particular degrade
quickly due to the heat, metal expansion and contraction, etc.

If you are going to show in concours, the next decision to make, since you
mentioned wanting to be in "the stock class", is which stock class. Street
Stock is fairly easy to get in to while Factory Stock is very difficult and
often takes many years and many attempts. I encourage you to download and
read the rules from the CORSA web site, and also talk to others who have
competed in the concours, to make an informed decision.

You may also want to join the Stock Corvair Group,
http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/.

--Kent