[FC] Rampy patch panel

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Oct 15 12:45:11 EDT 2007

I am about to attach a patch panel to repair severe body damage to my '61 Rampy. The panel in question is the piece that starts just below the center of the white stripe and extends down to the unibody under the lower edge. This piece is about 54" long and about 22 inches deep. The patch panel was cut from a 'brier, and seems to show two rusty rectangles on the inside where there was contact with sheet metal, (either a brace, or perhaps the floor?)  when I cut the damaged sheet metal from my truck, I did not find any support for the sheet metal inside that long panel. I have not seena ny such pievce in my manuals am i missing smethign? I fabbed up an interior brace about 1/2 way between the forward edge and the rear seam just in front of the rear wheel anyway, because i will no doubt be pushing on this arae doing body wrok in the not too distant future.
Tim
'61 Rampy