[FC] Fwd: FC dash removal

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Tue Sep 18 21:16:15 EDT 2007

I just did this over the weekend.  I haven't had to deal with clips but the
lugs/shafts you mentioned are sometimes threaded.  Reach up behind the
intrument panel and try to feel if your have a nut threaded on it.  If
you're lucky (as I was) it'll only be on the side toward the driver's door.
The other side is a lot harder to reach...

It's also a lot easier to pull out the panel after you've unscrewed the
speedometer cable nut and detached the cable from the speedometer head.

- Steve Brown
'62 Rampside
Media, PA