[FC] Pulling to the left when braking 2

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Sep 30 22:09:53 EDT 2007

Hello Jim,

Check through the service records I gave you with the van.  I do not
remember the dates for sure, but both the front and rear brakes were
serviced (new shoes, new/rebuilt wheel cylinders, spring kits, not sure on
hoses) and the dual master cylinder were installed sometime between 2000
and 2003.  The system was also flushed and filled with silicone fluid.  I
think it is time to pull the front drums and check inside. Check for wear
on the front shoes and presence of any fluid.  I do not remember if the
self adjusting hardware was still in place on your van, but it would not
hurt to manually re-adjust the brakes if you cannot find anything else that
is obviously wrong..

A worn rear brake shoe on one side can very often be caused by a sticking
parking brake cable (the short one between the wheel and the main
cable).  Check them out for proper operation.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI