[FC] washable air filters

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Apr 3 11:51:07 EDT 2008

Have had Lon's K&N look-a-likes in the Rampside for ten years or
more.  They are cotton gauze on a wire mesh frame with molded rubber
ends.  To clean, I spray then with SuperClean, rinse with water, blow
dry with a heat gun and oil with transmission fluid.  Just a band of
fluid around the filter from an oil can and it will wick over the
entire surface on a couple minutes
Jim Davis