[FC] FC Transverse Spring

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 23:59:23 EST 2008

Joel & Terry,
My '65 'brier, #704, has the 65 car style diff with the EM style  speedometer
cable thingy. I know it was original to the van because I had the  warranty
booklet with the engine, diff & tranny numbers in it..... I've had  a few 64
'briers, and they also had the 64 car style diff with the built in  spots for
the leaf spring.
I've not run into any other 65 'briers, but maybe a survey of the members
from Kent's 65 FC registry might shed some light...
Also, my 61 'brier has a complete '69 car powertrain... 110 smogger engine
(smog stuff removed, but still has the domed heads and pistons), and car
diff/tranny.... and no, the speedometer has never worked.
:-)
I didn't do the transplant, it was like that when I got the van from a
friend of mine.
Later,
Lonzo

In a message dated 12/14/2008 10:23:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,