[FC] New folk on this list

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Fri Feb 29 20:28:25 EST 2008

    I am new on this list and just want to say Hi ! to all members. Have been a Corvair nut since 1968, got my 62 Rampside (customized work horse) 18 years ago and I am currently obsessed with the restoration and customizing of a 64 Deluxe GB, acquired a year ago.
    By the folks on Virtual Vairs I knew this is the right place for FCs so, I am here on trying to do my best with the GB while learning from the long time experts and sharing a few tips.
    The GB shell is on a rotisserie for easier working and my plan is to make it so reliable and confortable, at my personal taste, as my budget permits. Planned modifications:
1.- Front bucket seats - done. 2.- Electric pump behind tank - done. 3.- Electric pump in tank - wiring ready (pump on future).
4.- Easy fuel sending unit access - done. 5.- 2nd battery box - done. 6.- Underfloor sealing and painting - done. 7.- New brake and fuel lines - done. 8.- Extra wiring for several senders, power windows, etc. - done. 9.- Gas heater - on it's way home. 10.- AC - still thinking ($$). 11.- Powdercoating undercarriage parts - done. 12.- Engine rebuild - done (110 HP). 13, 14, 15, etc. - what my remaining 3 neurones will demand on next 3 months.
    Didn't mention obvious things like bearings, upholstery, carpeting, painting, etc. that will be made on their time.

    Daniel Monasterio
    Guadalajara, Mexico