[FC] Radio pod mount

ken kcaskey2 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 15:22:08 EDT 2008

  I have recently purchased a radio “pod” for my ’63.  I see that it has two
tapped holes in the top for ¼”x20 bolts or screws.  I also see that the dash
underside where the “pod” goes there is a bracket screwed to the dash with
two holes that seem to line up with the holes in the “pod”.  The holes in
the bracket also seem like they’re made to accept a screw and  the bracket
is bent slightly as to bring the ends with the holes away from the dash by
about a ¼”.  What am I looking at?  Won’t the radio pod bolt directly up to
the dash?  What is this bracket for?  It doesn’t even look possible to use
it.  If I bolt the bracket to the “pod” I won’t be able to then bolt the
bracket to the dash.  What gives?
Thanks, Ken