[FC] Suspension bushings

Garry Parsley geparsley at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 21:55:08 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

Recently started back up on my 62 Corvan resto after a couple year cooling off period. Two questions I can't seem to find in either the shop manuals or the tech guide. One. When the bushings are replaced in the lower A-arms (front or rear) should the ends of the shaft be coated with a lubricant or anti-seize, or just leave bare? Mind you these will not see the road for another few years, so I don't want them to rust solid, but also do not want to do anything I'll regret later. Two. The shop manual states to not tighten (in bold letters) the bolts at the end of the shaft after the bushing installation. I can't find any mention later on of when to tighten, and to what specs. I'm assuming this would be done after the vehicle is let down and jounced a bit. Am I on the right track there?

Thanks,
Garry