[FC] gas tank

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Jul 28 11:14:41 EDT 2008

A question on my new gas tank, and pass along many thanks to you guys who sent me specific dimensions, and advice;- all very helpful!.  I have the parts assembled and tack welded together, and test fit the tank into the body and have it back on the bench, & will next have it brazed watertight, I will transfer the gas guage and pickup tube unit from the old tank, but I wonder about the pickup tube. It is possible that the the tube may touch the metal on the bottom of the tank, would that stop the gas guage for working? I know that there are issues on these tanks regarding grounding the unit etc.
Thanks
Tim '61 Rampy