[FC] 84hp powerglide MPH--------140 conversion?????

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 13:27:15 EDT 2008

My new 63 Corvan 84hp powerglide is getting very poor gas mileage .(13.5mpg) I have tried just about everything to do better but to no avail. I am at the point and starting to believe it is just too under powered. My 65 Brier 110 4spd got close to 20mpg .
 I need to pull the engine due to an oil leak so am thinking about installing a rebuilt 140hp powerglide motor I had slated to install in a 68 coupe(Sold the car due to to many projects so engine just stilling there)
If I do so I will pickle the 84 hp and save for future owner if i ever sell it for sake of origionality
Any thoughts either way?
 Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1963 Corvair 95 84hp Powerglide 18K miles
1965 Greenbrier 110hp 4 Spd
1965 Monza Convertible 140hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM