[FC] headlightlight switch problems

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 21:24:49 EDT 2008

Does anyone know if the light switches ever just wear out? Mine doesn't  send
a current on anything but the main headlight wire when the switch is turned
"on". I took the switch apart and sanded and cleaned all the contacts and
moving  parts, but had the same result. Maybe I should tinker with it some more...

This problem was found when I was told I had no tail lights, and I did a
check and found no brake lights, either. The power feed to the brake light
switch comes from the headlight switch, and I assume that it should always be  "on"
if it's going to the brake lights. The wiring has been monkeyed with, but I
traced the orange wire directly from the headlight switch to the brake light
switch. I may just wire it direct for now. Would there be any problem with
connecting the tail and driving lights to the one wire that gets juice from the
headlight switch (blue) when it's turned "on"? Too much load?

Bill

'61 rampside (brand new red/white paint job!)
'63 greenbrier
'63 monza vert