[FC] FC heater duct removal

Keith Hammett keith.hammett at stainlessfab.com
Tue Mar 18 09:41:16 EDT 2008

Group

I have started to rebuild the air heater system from the rear to the
front.  Decided not to go with gas heat, might regret it next winter.  I
have completed the distribution box (the one with the fan) and now have
it mounted on a bar that is separate from the access panel.  Thanks to
Brian for the measurements.

Now I have moved onward, the fiberglass box is removed and is to be
taken apart for a good cleaning and repair.  It is full of some molten
stuff, not sure what it is but it doesn't belong there.  That indicates
that at least it gets hot there, just need to move that heat forward.

I have the long plastic duct loose but cannot remove it for some reason.
The duct seams to be stuck up front in the outrigger at the right front
wheel.  The only thing that I can see that holds this duct in is the
rear fiberglass box, two straps and the duct that goes from it through
the wheel well to the inside part of the frame.  How do I get it out of
the boxed in outrigger?  I looked in the Assembly manual and did not see
what is holding it in.

Thanks,

Keith Hammett