[FC] pulling to the left when braking 3....

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Mon May 19 13:32:47 EDT 2008

At 07:31 5/19/2008 -0700, Jim wrote:

>Thanks for the emails - the pulling only happens when
>braking - for a while it only happened when braking
>hard or right at the end of braking - the car has
>never wandered when in motion or had any shakes ,
>rattles, rumbles, etc.

This would tend to discount the wheel bearing theory, but it would still be
prudent to service them anyway.

Have you done a stop test on a gravel surface to see which wheel(s) lock up
first?

Double check that there is no fluid leaking or grease being flung off on
the shoes. One small  drop of fluid or rice grain sized gob of grease will
totally screw up a pair of brake shoes.

>Your drum theory may be my best next step - but some
>people commented on the possibility of tires? what do
>you think on that. They are still in good condition.

Try swapping the wheels/tires left for right and see if the problem follows.

Dale