[FC] FW: Greenbrier on eBay

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 10:07:16 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Clark Hartzel [mailto:chartzel at comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:19 PM
To: Corvanatics (corvanatics at gmail.com)
Subject: Greenbrier on eBay

There is a green Greenbrier for sale on eBay currently.  I drove down
from Fraser, MI to Columbus, OH to see it yesterday.  It has many
"issues" but has a near perfect body.  It came from CA and is rust free.
It was repainted (even the chrome bumpers were painted) by someone who
didn't use good paint or do much prep work.  It looks basically like
painted concrete!  The battery is dead, the 3rd door on the side won't
open as the handle mechanism is broken.  The engine is claimed to be
rebuilt but they must have reused the old gaskets as it leaks like a
sieve!  It is a '64 engine with a 4-speed.  The interior needs a good
cleaning but is respectable.  It needs the love of a true Corvair
enthusiast and I don't have the interest or ambition to strip and
repaint a vehicle.  If you are looking for a good body to restore this
could be the one for you.  The reserve is $3,000.  I bid $2,500 but am
not going any higher.
Clark Hartzel