[FC] Leak from Base of FC Oil Fill Tube

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 12:46:38 EST 2008

      The best way to accomplish this is to raise the passenger side of the vehicle quite high. Remove the bolt in the sheetmetal where the tube goes through the upper sheet metal. then twist the tube and pull at the same time and, PRESTO/CHANGEO, you have a tube in your hand.

     With the FC up on that side you shouldn't loose any oil, I guess if you want to be sure, you could drain the oil, but I don't think that is needed if you don't want to. Then wipe any dirt from the area where the o-ring goes in the block and lube the lip with some lube of some kind, I prefer silicone grease, then install the new o-ring on the tube after clean-up and a little more silicone grease and reverse procedure to reinstall.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com