[FC] Rampside/Loadside Chrome and Tonneau Top

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 5 11:19:39 EDT 2008

Darrell,

I'm right in the midst of adapting a fiberglass tonneau for my Rampside.
I've gone a little nuts and I'm going to adapt a "Top Up" system.
http://www.4are.com/product/topup/ The TopUp system isn't cheap, but the
guys that make it were kind enough to send me one "short bed" scissor for
the pass. side, and a long bed scissor for the drivers side.  The other
option I came across were these lifts from Gaylord.
http://www.gaylordslids.com/ I talked with their tech guys and they were
willing to sell me just the hinges and linear actuators.

The Rampside is so unusual and rare, if you want a tonneau you'll either
have to make it yourself, or have it made.  I bought the largest used
fiberglass lid I could find, off an older full size PU.  We had to make it
narrower by about 6" and taper it at the same time, as the RS bed is about
1.5" narrower in the rear than it is behind the cab.  Then we had to
lengthen it about 6/8" just to make it fit.

If you're looking to do a hard tonneau let me know and I'll share the info I
generated doing my research.  No point in reinventing the wheel eh?!

Regards,
Joel