[FC] Rampy improvements

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Sep 23 12:24:47 EDT 2008

Clutch and tranny sorted out and working nvery well. Last night I tuned it up to spec, I had the timing retarded way too late;- now with the proper advance it idles down nice and slow, I did have the dwell right on, it turned out. Engine has good torque evcen running on 2 carbs so far. Next item was to take the air compressor and blow off all the bondo dust inside and out to prep for primer, also I made the first atempt to lower the ramp. (This ramp was in the bed of the truck when I bought it). The ramp comes down to maybe 14 inches off the ground, just past parallell to the ground. The bottom edge is binding against the frame underneath the ramp. I will unbolt and figure out the problem tonight. Sticky wicket.
Tim '61 Rampy