[FC] Fwd: Oil additive??

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 11:23:07 EDT 2008

     The "oil" specifications haven't changed, just the additive packages. I'll go a little farther and say that a 10W-40 oil is better than a SAE 40 oil. Why? because of the wear that occurs when the engine is cold. The 10W-40 flows better when cold and therefore, less wear.  How many of you out there that are running a straight weight oil, let the engine warm up before you drive off?

Ken Hand

248-613-8586

www.corvairmechanic.com