[FC] Rampy speedo and stuff

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Sun Apr 5 00:39:10 EDT 2009

I have a working speedo!! Turns out that I did not have the square end of the cable deep enough into the tranny. I pulled out the end and the wire was sorta twisted so I re - squared it using my dremel with drum grindstone and threaded it back all the way;- Eureka!
Windshield is intsalled after polishing out the worst of the scratches. Many thans to the guys who suggested installing the gasket around the glass first, then placing a 050 weed - whip cord in the groove. With two neighbors I managed to get it set into place with a miniumum of fuss. That is saying something as I once broke 2 windshields doing an install on a LATE MOdel coupe. All the new guages work except the oil  temp.
New problem. I have turned the distributor housing as far as it will go Counter - clockwise, and it still runs rough, I suspect that I put the distributor shaft into the hole and was 1 tooth off(?!?)
poor idle. hesitation when throttle position changes and backfiring.
Tim '61 Rampy .