[FC] Gear Change

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 17:01:19 EDT 2009

There was a post about tire size. Check that first and then if the speedo is still off then I would find out what gear ratio you have and then pull the bullet out and make sure that you have the right tooth count on it.

The way to find out what gear ratio yo have is to pull the plugs put it in high, if you have a stick, mark the tire(s) and roll one revolution on the tires while counting how many time the crank turns, 3 1/2 turns = a 3.55, almost 4 turns = 3.89, and 3 1/4 turn a 3.27. If you have an auto then the only other solution is to pull the diff top and count the teeth.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com