[FC] more Rampy

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Apr 27 12:39:50 EDT 2009

Thanks to your ideas I solved the idle/ lean mix/ backfiring problem (newly rebuilt carbs by the "Carbmeister!"). Now she idles right down and no backfiring, no leakage past the secondaries. Good power.
 However now that she runs and I have the tune- up done, I am reading my new gauge panel and the oil pressure will not go above 30 and the red "Press - Temp" gauge is lit up.. Temp. is stable at 180, crankcase is full of 5 W 20 half - syn. I rebuilt this motor 8 years ago and it has been in my basement storage for all this time. As I recall in 2000 the oil pump gears were gummed up with chewed - up paper gaskest when I took it apart. I used plasti- gauge to set the proper paper gasket in place under the cover. It could not have come loose with so little run time could it? Can someone direct me to a troubleshooting place for low oil pressure?
Tim Werner '61 Rampy W/ 140.
PS the horn finally works!