[FC] What should I save?

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Sun Aug 2 19:24:31 EDT 2009

Good evening group.

Last week I wrote telling of my green Rampside that is going away.  Work is slow getting it apart but I want to make sure anything I take off is still useable.

What in the suspension, besides the boomerang, should I save?  Isn't it all pretty much standard issue Chevrolet?  I'd hate to see good parts go to the recycler but I'm not going to have a use for them and if it's all fairly accessable, I don't need it sitting around.  What about the rear suspension?

For now the back half of the truck gets cut off, so I still have the engine/trans "installed" so it's easier to move around.  I'm going to cut the cab off in one piece as well; the floor is toast but the rest looks pretty good.

What about the typical rusty-bottom ramp?  Is it worth saving and trying to get someone to patch?

And finally, just a geewhiz question, was gumby green a standard GM color, or was it some company's special order?  I believe it was code 703A, and I'm rather certain it was white stripe delete.

Thanks everyone and have a good evening and week.

Mike Clark
61 Rampside
Stockbridge, Georgia