[FC] [VV-talk] A Question Regarding New Vehicles (Minimal Corvair Content)

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Sat Feb 21 15:13:52 EST 2009

I have one of the first 2002 Avalanches (purchased used); it currently
has just over 100k on it.

http://fnader.com/Avalanche.htm

It still runs, looks, and drives like a new truck.  Whatever the
"concerns" about "American build quality" categorically does not extend
to these trucks.

It tows extremely well and rides very well (both due to the long
wheelbase). The brakes are 100% better than my previous generation Suburban.

It is just about the most versatile vehicle I have owned... with the
hard covers off, the window out, cab windows down, and sunroof open,
it's almost like driving a full convertible!

The hard covers are not 100% waterproof... more like 99% (you might find
a few drops of water in the bed after going through a carwash or an
extremely hard downpour).

I did expect the mileage to be slightly better... it's a little worse
than my 5.7 Vortec Suburban was... other than that (and the fact it's
somewhat ugly) no complaints at all!

Bill