[FC] [VV-talk] A Question Regarding New Vehicles (Minimal Corvair Content)

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Sat Feb 21 16:43:10 EST 2009

Not at all. There is a full width drainage system between the bed and
the cab... so even if the midgate was folded down and the hard covers
off completely (say hauling a motorcycle or something) water could not
run from the bed into the cab. Very nicely designed.

In my previous post I neglected to say that I sought out the advice of a
long term Avalanche owner that I highly respected (our own Seth Emerson)
and his ownership experience was one of the reasons I purchased mine.

It's full of little design touches that are simply well thought out...
steps built in the the rear bumper, lockable external storage bins
(which can also be used as a cooler!), built in tie-downs, etc. Somebody
that actually used trucks as trucks had a hand in design.

After driving a few different ones, I knew I wanted the trailer package
(true plug and play brake controller and prewired lights... and
individually fused ... so if the trailer parking lamps short out, that's
all you lose... it doesn't take the truck's parking lamp circuit out as
well) which in 2002 came with an aux automatic transmission cooler (and
maybe the haul-tow transmission setting which I really like, but may
have been standard), the Z71 package (mainly to guarantee a posi), the
3.73 rear for mileage (the option 4.11 adds a lot of low end performance
though), and leather buckets (because I just didn't like the support of
the cloth bench). The sunroof is nice but robs about 3" of rear seat
headroom if you anticipate tall adults spending much time back there.

Bill