[FC] John Jackson's site,and paint jobs.

Patrick Skiver pnsskiver at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 31 14:01:24 EST 2009

Man is that site of John Jackson's cool.I recommend a visit there if you really enjoy great photography.
When ever someone talks about cost relating to body work and paint you can always tell who's side of the story your hearing by the price alone and weather they thing they got taken or it was a steal.My side comes from the painters side. The true cost of a quality paint job will always depend on the knowledge of the owner of the car as to what they really want as far as the final outcome their restoration.The cost of materials has shot out of orbit as has everything else related to our car hobbies.The true cost of a knock -you -out !-paint job will alway's leave the buyer of one in sticker shock even if they are the one painting their own car!
I paint buses for our city transit system (in Cleveland,Ohio) and we just launched a new bus line that uses 60 foot articulated New -Flyer Coaches.The cost of the PPG urethane paint just to repair  damage to one side cost $3695.00(no tax and a jobber rate). The color for my street rod project has already past $2800.00 and I havn't pointed a spray gun at it yet!
Corvair content here.. My '61 Greenbrier 8dr will probibly cost me that much in material not to mention the added cost in replacing the door and window rubber that it will take to really do a nice paint job on one of these vans.Because to really paint one properly you need to paint all the door openings just like a second paint job.