[FC] floor shifter in a factory 1961 FC ???

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 13 12:44:20 EDT 2009

>I thought that Bill was asking about the shifter going through the floor
>rather than under the seat ...

Correct, JR -- it is the floor shifter being in a 1961 book that caught
my eye.

Although the mystery shifter is a reasonably effective anti-theft device
for those wanting to drive away with your vehicle ...

I've seen bucket seats in pairs, but have never actually seen one
installed singly, in the manner of commercial delivery rigs, either oem
or restored.

But, while we are on that topic, do all FC's have mountings for both
types of seats?  Or were the bodies specifically fitted for the seats
they got?

Bill