[FC] squeal

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 09:12:16 EDT 2009

Start it again, and depress the cutch.  It might be a frozen pilot busing or
a bad throw out bearing.  It will not do any harm to run the engine without
the belt for a minute or two, but not longer.   It has to be a rotating part
in the engine, so you are down to the basics.  Is it possible that you bent
the input shaft when putting the engine to the transmission?  I saw one that
had a wide radius bend in it that was hitting the transmission input shaft
collar that did the same thing you describe.  It also did a lot of damage.
Paul in CT