[FC] <VV> engine area noise

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 21 13:26:43 EDT 2009

The blower bearing (that is likely going away) typically will moan when the
engine is cold and quiet down once it warms.  If that is your symptoms, then
you are on the money with your diagnosis.

The vendors have the bearings, but you will need to press the old one out
and the new one in.  The vendors also sell top covers with the new bearing
already installed.  Either way that you go with that, you will also (very
likely) need two top cover gaskets.  The "turkey roaster" has to come off to
get to the top cover.

Now, there IS a tool for greasing the bearing without removing anything from
the engine.  That will help quiet things down for a while, but the real fix
is a new bearing.  I've also heard (but not done) that a syringe type device
can be used to slip past the rubber seal and get grease to the bearing.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140