[FC] electrical short problem

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Tue May 5 11:15:07 EDT 2009

I had the same problem in my Monza. I traced the feedback current to the
voltage regulator. I purchased an internally regulated 60+ amp alternator
from a  CA corvair parts dealer thinking it would stop the problem, it did not.
My  solution was to install a small 30amp relay directly on the alternator,
that  would only allow current through when the key was on. I can't
remember what wire  went where off the top of my head; the switched "hot" going to
the "R" or the  "F". Solved the problem 100%, no more battery drain. I can
take a look and draw  up a little schematic if anyone is interested.

Bill
richmond cali
61 rampy
63 greenbrier