[FC] Rampside Headliner

Dave Sanger dksanger542 at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 14:08:14 EDT 2009

FC Members:

I am ready to install the vinyl/fabric backed headliner from Clarks in my 63 Rampside. Clarks has supplied contact cement, with instructions that contain many warnings. Namely, once it sticks, better have it in the right place.

Can someone help me prevent a disaster? It looks like the liner should be cut about 1/2 inch oversize on all 4 sides.

How do I attach the headliner to the metal roof (once the cement becomes tacky) so it is centered, and how do I then "tuck" the liner between the vertical sheet metal and the bottom of the roof (looks like the opening is less than 1/2 inch). If I try to bend and push it into the space, seems like it will stick and then I have a huge bubble.

Maybe try a different type adhesive, that hardens over time, so I can move the liner into place?  Maybe use wax paper like I have used with contact cement when installing Formica?

If this has been discussed on line, please give me the month and I will check the Archives.

Thanks a million.

Dave Sanger
Traverse City, MI
'63 Rampside from CA