[FC] Windshield woes

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Thu May 21 16:11:00 EDT 2009

I can't say specifically which ones didn't work, since the early model rear
window gaskets were purchased from Clarks Corvair, however, I don't know who
the supplier was at the time.  This goes back about 5 or 6 years, and I have
no idea if there has been any improvement in the fitment of the rubber.  My
rear window still leaks and I have yet to try to fix it after 2 unsuccessful
tries and purchasing additional gaskets with the hope that the next gasket
would work better.
The front windshield gasket the I had purchased came from Corvair
Underground, and it was not a good reproduction.  I did locate a NOS gasket,
and used that.  I also deal with Pilkington Glass, and Al Smith is the
fellow that I deal with.  He is a great guy, that will go over and above to
help any hobbyist with any glass issues.
Are you making a reproduction FC gasket that accepts the stainless steel
windshield moldings?  thanks Paul in CT