[FC] Question On Rearend Gears For My Rampside!

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 18:23:51 EST 2009

i say posi is not a big deal.
if you ha 164 cu inch motor  3:327 is thee way to go with a 4  speed.
better stick with a 3:55 on  the powerglide...kinda iffy at  times on hills.
powerglide might be slightly challenged on hills, depending on tire  size.
you can feel the difference between 185 R 14 and 205R14 on a  powerglide FC.
right now i have 3:55 and 205 on the rampy with 164 cu inch  powerslide.
not a bad driver.
just did some serious hills near here on route 20 in my 64 coupe with 3:55
powerglide.  now i wonder if i dare put the 3:27 in it....i want good
performance as much as ,or more than fuel economy.
new better ( i hope!) motors on the bench for both this winter.
the 64 greenbrier is up for sale without motor now to lighten my future
load here.

this my personal opinion from what i have done over the years.
regards, tim colson