[FC] Vent window handles

ken kcaskey2 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 3 08:20:23 EST 2009

Just a cautionary warning. I finished my Rampside and thought I would
install a pair of new "reproduction" vent window chrome handles.  They were
purchased from a non-Covair vendor as most of you know these handles were
also used on the 1960 to 1967 Chevy pick up trucks.

They are junk.  They look great but they do not fit worth a flip.  They are
sloppy on the vent window shaft (not machined anywhere within an acceptable
tolerance) and the roll pins included simply fall through the holes in the
vent window handles (not fitted anywhere within a useable range as a spring
fit roll pin when installed). They flop back and forth a good bit on the
vent window shaft before they actually do anything.

I ended up using my old ones.  Not as nice as new chromed ones but at least
they're useable.

Buyer beware.

Cheers, ken