[FC] Operation Corvair Christmass has begun

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 11:27:24 EST 2009

I have officially started the operation by picking up Teds car at the storage unit.

(Had to charge the battery last night)
Car started good and had the usual I've been sitting for a few months tap, but that quieted down in a few minutes.
So far drove the car home and gave it a quick wash to get the dust off.
Going to get some fresh gas and drive it around a couple days prior to loading.

Still not sure if I am departing Sunday Morning or Monday Morning yet. (Chuck I'll call you later as soon as I talk to my Boss and see what day I can leave)also depends on how the car handles the next 2 days of driving.

I just don't want any problems for anyone.
There is a spare belt in trunk and a tool box.
Oil looks fresh and tires are relatively new. (Had slight vibration until they warmed up maybe from sitting since August)

Still could use help if anyone on the East Coast can volunteer some time.

Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1963 Corvan 23K miles
1965 Greenbrier 110hp 4 Spd
1965 Monza Convertible 140hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM