[FC] engine question Turkey day eve

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Nov 25 11:25:40 EST 2009

I have a question on the Corvair motor design. I have rebuilt several of them and I have not read any discussion about the oil pan design. I noticed that the oil pan bridges the gap between the crankcase and the bellhousing. I have no experience rebuilding any other type of Automotive engines, so i don't know if this is unique to Corvair or if it is common practice. Has anyone read up on this part of the design?
Tim Werner '61 Rampy