[FC] 1964 Greenbrier

kenharri at comcast.net kenharri at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 21:28:33 EST 2009

Greetings Gentlemen,

I am a new member.  I just picked up a 1964 Greenbrier with camper conversion.  I believe that it is a Dorman (Great Britain) conversion.  It runs well but has a throttle pedal problem (sticky).  The Chevrolet shop manual (61-63) shows a differrent setup than what I have but mine looks original.  Did this change for the 1964 model year?

On the other hand, it looks like the floor shifter was retro fitted to the early model mount just below the seat.  Is there a legitimate reason for changing from the original ( 1964) and going back to the earlier style shifter?

I currently plan to restore the van to original 1964 factory configuration.  Was the Dorman conversion offered as a factory installed option?  Is there an over riding reason I should keep it as a camper conversion ?  Is it more "historic" as a D orman camper than as a straight Greenbrier?  The top looks to be in fair condition but would need alot of restoration work in its own right.
Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Kent Harrington