[FC] PS: Corvan door hinges

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Oct 19 12:46:47 EDT 2009

Chris & Bill Strickland wrote:
> As I read my Digest, after that last reply, I see Bob has already
> answered the side door hinge question.

Yes, but there is a little more to the story.  When field complaints
reached a point at which management decided something had to be done,
management went down to the production floor (in Flint) to check out the
problem.  They took fresh Greenbriers and Corvans as they came off the
line, and swung the rear doors open with great force to see what
happened.  After doing this to several vans, and observing the resulting
damage, they returned to their offices to order a fix.  In the meantime,
the line workers in charge of fixing production problems had on their
hands a fresh batch of vans with fresh damage.  The story was that the
line workers were mighty peeved with the suits.

--Bob