[FC] FC SPLASH PLATE...FACT OR FICTION? plus a lot of fluff

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 07:14:35 EDT 2009

ok now that this has come up , i have saved a couple of those splash plates
 over the years. they are not that great , but savable. i have wondered if
they  had ANY effect on handling on the highway (such as freeway speeds etc)
?
should i clean one  up and put it on my rampy? is a air dam worth  it?
 this winter i hope to really go after the rampy , and make it as good  a
travel vehicle as possible , so i am sensitive to any such improvements i can
 do. the truck was parked in the group red spot yesterday , ready to come
way  apart again. i have had a summer from hell here with crazy failures all
around  me ,including a bad new cam , loss of oil pressure (all different
engines , some  mine!), a rod thru the top cover , and other such stuff. next
year HAS to be  better for several of us!
the truck will get a new motor i have on the bench ready to assemble , the
coupe (64 with factory A/C from some body in texas?) will get a new motor
(also  on the bench ) to replace the bad? one with a little man tapping away
inside for  1800 miles so far , and i am selling the 64 greenbrier without
any powertrain to  lighten my brain / body load.
the lakewood is also weaiting for final assembly , but at least it runs
great so far.
that's my short summer report  (missing a lot of details!).
regards , from the little shop of horrors in central ny.
more soon , including some great pictures,on the central ny corvair
website.
regards, tim  colson              growing old fast!
63 rampy
64 factory A/C coupe (kinda like the one i had new!)
61 lakewood , saved from the crusher
64 greenbrier FOR SALE!