[FC] Help choosing tires -

Rad Davis rad.davis at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 23 20:47:13 EDT 2009

I've been using tires in the 205 to 225-70-15 range for over a decade
now.  The rims are a little bit of a challenge, because not all that
many vehicles came with small Chevy bolt pattern and 15" rims.  If
you're buying aftermarket, your problem will be width and offset - too
much of either will ruin your whole day.

I generally run the same pressure front to rear on a Greenbrier -weight
distribution is pretty neutral.  An empty van rides well at about 30
PSI, a full one goes to sidewall rating.