[FC] Help choosing tires -

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sat Oct 24 01:36:08 EDT 2009

205/75-14, when placed next to an original spare I had, was virtually identical in diameter and more importantly, when I put it on the vehicle and measured from the hub to ground with each, it was pretty much right on.  A recent trip with the GPS showed speedo was off by 2 mph.  Thats close enough for me.
Incidentally, the supply of tires in this size is pretty limited.  Cooper makes some in their Trendsetter LE line, which is what I just had mounted and so far, I am really happy with them after about 400 miles.  Smooth, nice in rain (we've had a LOT of that here lately) and pretty quiet.
Walmart has a couple of choices. THeir Douglas brand holds up reasonably well.  I think they also stock this size in the Goodyear viva II, but I cant recall for sure.
Discount tire has some too, although I suggest staying away from their SR-4 line.  THose were shot in 10K miles and were terrible in rain.  Never again.
Hope this helps.
Everett WilsonNorth Richland Hills TX64 Brier 110/pg67 500 4 dr 110/pg/ac