[FC] Help choosing tires -

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Oct 25 23:18:21 EDT 2009

At 08:20 PM 10/24/2009, Dale Dewald wrote:

>Tim Schwartz of NJ has been extremely satisfied with the 185R14 and 195R14
>sizes designed for European minivans; e.g. VW Vanagon, Eurovan, Renault
>Espace, etc. I think these are about as close as you can get to the OEM
>optional tires with respect to size, construction and load capacity.
>
>Check this link for the Continental Vanco 2, a load range D tire (8-ply LT)
>designed for 65psi max inflation:
>
>http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Continental&model=Vanco%202&partnum=8QR4V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Like Tim, I too am using the Continental Vanco tires on my Rampside,
and I like them a lot!  Stock-appearing, very close to stock size,
plenty of load capacity, good handling.  I selected the 185R14
because it was, in my opinion, a better fit for the stock wheels, but
Tim has the 195R14 and has a more accurate closer
speedometer/odometer that do I.

--Bob